It's a dream until you write it down, and then its a goal. - Anonymous

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our New Addition

So my boyfriend and I found out on Sunday that our puppy was born!!! I am beyond excited as I have always dreamed of the day that I would be able to own a dog. This is something that we have been talking about for the past year and now it is turing into reality!(I am still in disbelief a little bit!). We fought over what breed to get for months! I was really hoping to get a doberman, german shepard or a rotti, while my boyfriend was dead set on getting a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. In the end we actually agreed on completely breed of dog altogether: a Hungarian Vizsla. Not many people are familiar with this breed, however, growing up in Hungary it was one of the most common dogs. They would be comparable to the German Weimaraners with the exception that they are a rust colour rather than silver or grey. Finding a breeder in our neck of the woods was very difficult as well. If we lived in Eastern Canada or the States we would have had so many places to choose from. Here in Calgary we were only able to find one breeder (where we would have been wait listed with 13 people ahead of us!). I decided one day to test my luck on Kijiji. After countless (no exaggeration!) of fraudulent offers we finally came across a breeder only a couple of hours away. We visited them a few months ago and prayed that they would be able to successfully breed their dogs. We have kept in contact since then, and on Sunday we received the news that the puppies had been born; 3 boys and 3 girls! Of course, it will be another eight weeks before we can bring him or her home. We are not 100% decided on whether we are going to get a male of female, but are leaning towards a male (the funny thing is is that we can only agree on a girl's dog name at this point!).

If you would like to see the little pups please visit: http://www.kouleerunner.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment